The Web3 Foundation nurtures and stewards technologies and applications for the decentralized web. We collaborate with cutting-edge developer teams, researchers and community leaders to strengthen and extend the uses of decentralized technologies; building the future of identity, privacy, financial markets, commerce and more. Our core project at the moment is Polkadot, a protocol designed to connect blockchains and allow them to interoperate, share security and more.
Are you a highly strategic thinker with a passion for cryptocurrency and decentralization who can identify and build relationships with potential partners? Do you have technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills that allow you to network and execute strategic partnerships?
In the role of Ecosystem Development Lead, you will use your business acumen to identify and steward application development, partnerships and opportunities to further the development of the Polkadot ecosystem. Working closely with the Head of Collaborations and the Community and Marketing teams, you will be responsible for helping to create and execute Polkadot’s go-to-market strategy. You will be identifying use-cases, defining market segments and performing outreach to increase adoption of the platform.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive engagement and interact with entrepreneurs and executives, as well as technical acumen that enables them to easily interact with software developers.
We are open to applicants being based globally with a strong preference for San Francisco, Berlin or Zug.
- Work with the Head of Collaborations and key internal stakeholders (e.g. research, communications, events, legal) to create and execute Polkadot’s go-to-market strategy and strategic business development plan
- Help to define and prioritize the use-cases and market segments that would most benefit Polkadot
- Identify and approach prospective partners while effectively communicating Polkadot’s value proposition as it relates to their business
- Work closely with external technical teams on their product strategy, explaining the trade-offs of using Substrate and Polkadot vs. other SDKs and technologies
- Stay current on the codebase and product roadmap for Polkadot and Substrate in order to effectively communicate these to external teams building on our technology stack
- Maintain strategic relationships with key partners
Lead strategic relations with validator communities
- Minimum 5 years of business development, sales or strategic partnerships in the technology industry. This is not a traditional business position and you must understand the technology.
- Previous professional experience in the blockchain/crypto industry
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to identify, pursue and close potential partnerships
- Strong passion for and understanding of decentralized technologies
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to mentor more junior team members
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both internally and with external organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Previous work experience in with a VC-funded tech start-up and/or a high-growth technology company
- Product development experience
Ability to present and speak in public to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Competitive compensation and employee benefits
- Regular company retreats at unique locations located around Europe
- Opportunity to work in a multinational, high-performance team with diverse backgrounds (i.e. physics, computer science, machine-learning algorithm design, legal, financial products, management consulting, marketing & advertising, etc.)
To apply to this position, we ask you to answer a few questions in the application form, and to submit your CV and a cover letter, telling us a bit about yourself and your motivation to join us
For more information about us, visit us on: